On Saturday evening Monroeville Fire Companies were alerted for a residential chimney fire in the 4th District. Engine 42 arrived to find a chimney fire with smoke in the residence. Additional units from Company 5 and 1 arrived on scene to assist. Rescue 6 arrived as the rapid intervention team. The fire was controlled with no extension to the rest of the house. Units returned in service within an hour. This is a common type of incident for this time of year. Please remember to have your chimneys inspected and cleaned to prevent fires.